Here at Solihull Council we are passionate about and committed to employing apprentices.
As a diverse and inclusive employer with a wide range of different jobs and professions, we are keen to increase the number of apprenticeship opportunities available.
Whatever your job is, working for Solihull Council gives you the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people in Solihull.
An apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to work alongside experienced employees in a mutually supportive environment, learning both ‘on-the-job’ and through your apprenticeship
- A starting salary of £15,850 (equivalent to £8.21 per hour Living Wage) for all our level 2 and level 3 apprentices. The salary will be higher if undertaking level 4 and higher apprenticeships.
- Annual leave starting at 24 days rising to 29 days after 5 years service with 8 public holidays.
- Flexitime scheme (available for most roles) with up to 24 days flexitime allowed per year.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as subsidised travel passes, staff discount card and Employee Assistance Programme.
We use a fair and open selection process based on knowledge, skills and behaviour. We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
We operate within the guarantee interview scheme for candidates with disabilities.