At Solihull Council we want to ensure that all our citizens have an equal chance to share in Solihull’s success. We do this by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We recognise that our employees are the key factor in achieving our vision. As such, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals, who want to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and can help us to continue building on our success.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salaries including, for those at the top of their scale, the opportunity to receive a non-consolidated lump sum.
- Flexible working including home working, job sharing and part time working arrangements where appropriate.
- Annual leave starting at 24 days rising to 29 days after 5 years service with 8 public holidays. Also the opportunity to purchase up to 10 additional days holiday per year.
- Flexitime scheme (available for most roles) with up to 24 days flexitime allowed per year
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Family friendly policies
- Employee benefits including subsidised travel passes, childcare vouchers, confidential Employee Assistance Programme and staff discount card.
We believe in recruiting the best person for the job, using fair and open selection based on knowledge, experience, skills and behaviours. We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
We operate within the guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities.