Royal Mencap Supported Internship Programme Birmingham
Mencap supported internship programme supports young people with a learning disability, learning difficulty and / or Autism aged between 16 and 24, with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) to develop skills towards making the important step from education into employment.
You need to be: –
- Be aged 16 to 24
- Have an EHCP
- Want to find a job
If this is you and you would like to learn the skills you need to get a job then Mencap Supported Internship Programme may be for you.
We will: –
- Help you to understand what having a job means
- Support you to gain skills needed to have a job
- Find the right work experience placement for you
- Provide a job coach to support you during your work experience placement
- Support you to achieve an English and Math qualification (if you choose and if needed)
- Aim to find you a paid job, traineeship, or apprenticeship at the end of the programme
We believe everyone with a learning disability has the right to work. We believe that most people with a learning disability can work given the right support and opportunities.