How to set up an Apprenticeship?
There are several steps to setting up an apprenticeship:
- First check the apprenticeships framework for an apprenticeship in your industry and at a suitable level.
- Contact the National Apprenticeship Service if you need help or advice and register your interest in employing an apprentice with the National Apprenticeship Service.
- Find a training organisation that offers apprenticeships for your industry – they’ll handle your apprentice’s training, qualification and assessment.
- Check if you’re eligible for a grant and apply.
- Advertise your apprenticeship – at the National Apprenticeship Events and Conference or alternatively your training organisation will do this for you through apprenticeship vacancies.You can track your vacancies by registering as an employer.
- Recruit your apprentices and make an apprenticeship agreement with them.
Remember: You can use an apprenticeship training agency if you want to employ an apprentice without the responsibility of actually running the apprenticeship scheme.