Youth Employment UK
Who we are
Youth Employment UK is a not-for-profit social enterprise actively tackling youth unemployment. Our expertise, services, and advice are centered around the voices of young people, what they are experiencing and what they think is working and what they need from the systems around them. We then work with employers and the government to try and improve the system around young people.
What we do
For young people
- We provide free online skills, careers and personal development support for young people. Which includes a brilliant training programme called the Young Professional Training.
- We run an annual Youth Voice Census which aims to capture the views and experiences of 11-30 year olds so we can better understand what is happening for young people.
- We run a voluntary Youth Ambassador Programme.
- We support schools, colleges and other Providers with free skills and careers resources for the young people in their network – they can sign up for free as a Young Professional Provider.
- We help to connect our Providers with opportunities including those with employers.
- We share our insight and expertise to support the work of our Providers.
- We have developed a tool – the Good Youth Employment Charter (GYEC), to help employers really build their knowledge of what good youth employment practice looks like – how to recruit, retain and attract young people within their business.
- We share our research and expertise across government
- We hold youth voice meetings with governmental departments.
- We hold All-Party Parliamentary Group meetings in Westminster with Youth Ambassadors in attendance.